CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is a leading professional cultural heritage consulting and contracting organization, with offices across the UK. We are a Registered Organisation with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and are accredited ISO 9001:2015. Our customers range from leading multinational corporations and government agencies to local government bodies and single partner consultancies.
Due to continued growth across our business, CFA is looking to appoint Archaeological Supervisors at our offices in Milton Keynes and Leeds. Applicants will have experience in desk-based studies, archaeological fieldwork (including site evaluations, field surveys and watching briefs) and report production. You may be required to regularly work away from your office location. CFA provides transport to site and, if working away, overnight accommodation and subsistence will also be provided. A working knowledge of British archaeology is desirable, and you will be able to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to working in commercial field archaeology. You should be motivated and an effective team-worker, maintaining good professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
Successful application criteria include:
- Profit distribution scheme
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Relevant degree level education or significant practical experience
- Flexible approach to deployment and willingness to travel and work away
- A current CSCS Card highly desirable and Membership of the CIfA preferred.
- Experience of supervising archaeological projects and managing field teams
- A good positive attitude and effective team-worker / communicator
- Experience of archaeological supervision of machine excavation
- Enthusiasm for training in a range of office-based and fieldwork tasks, with ambition to progress into more senior roles
- Motivated with good organisational skills
- Full driving licence essential
- Microsoft Office skills
Please apply by email to email@example.com quoting 'Archaeological Supervisor ASUP0918' in the subject line enclosing a covering note and CV. Please apply early as we may conduct interviews before the closing date.
Alternatively, if you are looking for a temporary contract, please get in contact and we will be happy to discuss opportunities at CFA Archaeology with you.
CFA Archaeology follows a policy of equal opportunities for employment, training and other conditions of service. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and eligibility will be required prior to employment.