AERIAL IMAGERY ANALYST
AIR PHOTO SERVICES LTD www.airphotoservices.co.uk
Air Photo Services is a leading provider of interpretation and mapping from aerial imagery (aerial photos, satellite images, multi spectral and Lidar data) for heritage, legal and environmental applications in the UK commercial and Public sectors.
We are seeking to appoint an Aerial Imagery Analyst to join our growing team to assist us to provide timely, commercially aware, academically informed aerial imagery analysis to heritage and legal professionals, Local Authorities, utilities, developers and consultants. We are currently working on major national infrastructure projects, land and planning legal cases, minerals extraction and development sites throughout the UK. We place a high emphasis on co-operative team working and building strong partnerships with our client base through provision of excellent service. We enjoy a friendly, informal, but highly productive commercial consultancy environment.
Appropriate ongoing training and CPD will be provided either in-house or externally as applicable to requirements.
This is is an ACIfA level post, PCIfA level may be considered, or of an equivalent level and be willing to apply for CIfA membership.
Location Swindon SN2, Wiltshire, UK
Time span 6 month initial probationary contract which on successful completion will lead to a permanent position and career progression following appraisal for the right candidate.
Hours 37.5 hours per week, based in office and archives, with some travel to client’s offices or site visits throughout the UK.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in archaeology or a related discipline, comprehensive understanding of UK Archaeology.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of and interest in further learning about all archaeological and historical periods, and interest in learning the analysis of, and mapping from, all types of aerial imagery including airborne laser scan (Lidar) data.
- Able to independently conduct detailed aerial imagery investigations with reference to a wider team and company director.
- Understands commercial archaeology in the UK and the relevant legislative and planning frameworks.
- Aware of the needs and priorities of commercial clients, or willing to learn rapidly.
- Full stereoscopic and colour vision.
- Experience of undertaking site-specific, landscape, and infrastructure projects using aerial sources.
- Proven ability to write concise and accurate analytical reports.
- Proven ability to work with digital and paper based maps and co-ordinates and grid references.
- A good communicator who can demonstrate written and spoken UK English skills to a high standard and has good numeracy literacy and IT skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent and flexible time-management skills.
- Proven experience using QGIS or similar for recording site attributes, analysing data and geo-rectifying aerial images.
- Proven data management skills and ability to conform to and augment established systems.
- Very importantly, a flexible and tolerant team worker with a desire to deliver the highest level of client care.
- Analytical and independent thinker able to apply relevant knowledge ‘outside the box’ to professional challenges.
- Enjoys research projects, investigation, and developing relevant methodologies, and is willing to learn further skills within a structured CPD plan.
- A clean driving licence and access to own vehicle for work purposes is desirable.
- Commitment to gaining or extending CIfA membership.
- Salary negotiable and dependent on experience within approved grades, + benefits
- 20 days paid holiday with length of service increments (excluding statutory holidays and additional concessionary days at Christmas as appropriate to workload).
- Company pension scheme compliant with current pension legislation.
- Structured fully funded training and opportunities for career progression.
- Supported application and 100% of CIfA subscription fees.
Please send a CV and covering letter describing how you match the position requirements to :
Nereide Gilhead at email@example.com
Closing Date 30th October 2018
Interview Date November 2018
Start Date January 2018
Air Photo Services is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity. You must meet the requirements to live and work in the UK which have been set by UK Visas and Immigration within EU regulations. Reasonable adaptations will be made at interview and in the workplace for candidates and employees who are differently abled but meet the skills criteria for this position – please let us know how we may assist you at interview or at work.