We (www.jbaconsulting.com) are seeking to recruit a Senior Archaeology and Heritage Consultant on a permanent basis to our expanding Archaeology and Heritage team. The role will be based in our office in the World Heritage Site of Saltaire, Shipley on a full-time basis, although alternative nearby office locations and working hours may be considered for the right candidate.
As part of our dynamic environment and planning team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting and varied across the public and private sectors. Our environment team has a national remit which will provide the successful candidate with an interesting and challenging workload. As a rapidly growing business stream within the organisation you will be in a position to influence the development of a quality focussed service. We work across the historic environment and projects will encompass archaeology, historic buildings and historic landscapes.
You will be supporting the Principal Archaeologist in the delivery of planning related heritage work including project management, the completion of research and field visits, the preparation of DBAs, WSIs, ES chapters and other advice, contributing to project solutions and stakeholder liaison. There will also be opportunities to contribute to strategic business development, supervision of fieldwork and mentoring staff and QA of reports.
You will ideally have private sector consultancy experience already or be moving from a senior public sector or commercial fieldwork role and looking for new and exciting challenges. You will have an aptitude for learning, excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently. We value professional accreditation and candidates should be an Associate or Member of CIfA and/or IHBC or willing to work to towards accreditation.
Core Skills and Experience
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A degree in Archaeology, Heritage Management or other relevant subject, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in the commercial archaeology and heritage sector
- Experience of preparing, or making significant contributions to, archaeological and heritage reports, including desk-based assessments, Heritage Statements, ES chapters and WSIs
- Understanding of the UK planning system and key legislation, policy and guidance
- Experience of assessing and working with archaeology, historic buildings and historic landscapes and assessing effects on the setting of heritage assets
- Experience of tendering and business development including the preparation of fee proposals and project costs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience of talking to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively independently and within teams
- Membership of CIfA and/or IHBC at Associate level or above, or willingness to become accredited
- Driving licence
For further information please contact Kirsten Holland.
- Knowledge and understanding of geoarchaeology and palaeoenvironmental archaeology
- Knowledge and understanding of marine and inter tidal heritage issues
- Supervision and oversight of archaeological fieldwork
- Experience of line management and quality assurance of reports
To apply please go to: https://www.jbaconsulting.com/work-for-us/careers/
Applications will be reviewed and interviews arranged as they are received