We are looking for a heritage professional to be an integral part of our future.
We are looking for someone with experience at Supervisor to Senior Supervisor or equivalent level (G4 to G5) who is also keen to move into varied elements of historic environment consultancy alongside archaeological fieldwork. We are, however, most interested in creating a fulfilling and suitably remunerated role around the right, enthusiastic, adaptable team player. We want you to tell us about what you can do now, what skills and experience you can bring, and where you want to go.
- Would you like to be part of a small but highly-capable and successful team, having a key role in shaping a young and fast-growing company?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of delivering a wide variety of high-quality projects across all parts of the heritage sector?
- Do you want to be an active part of a happy, supportive and respectful working environment?
This opportunity is suitable for someone looking to take on a challenge across archaeology, built heritage and historic environment consultancy, who is interested in being part of a small but growing team where their input will be a major factor in how we develop as a business. The successful candidate will be principally based in our new office on Tyneside, though there will inevitably be some travel given our portfolio of projects.
What we are looking for
- A first degree in archaeology or related heritage discipline, or equivalent sector experience
- Experience in one or more of: field archaeology (commercial or community projects), archaeological consultancy, historic buildings survey and/or consultancy, landscape or conservation management (please provide details)
- Great communication skills (written and conversational)
- Excellent organisational, time and self-management skills
- A strong focus on delivering for others
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Good working knowledge of standard office software
- UK driving licence and own transportation
Things that might make you stand out
We’re always keen to hear about the particular skills and experiences that you think will make you stand out from the crowd.
- Experience on joined-up projects that included different aspects of historic environment work (e.g. consultancy including managing change to historic buildings and archaeology on the same site, delivering different types of training sessions as part of a community project).
- High level of knowledge and competence in software packages, particularly QGIS or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience in newer digital survey and recording techniques
- Experience in publication, design and illustration
- You have or are working towards CIfA membership at a suitable grade (we pay 100% of CIfA subscription fees once you start)
What you will get
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including statutory holidays and concessionary days at Christmas)
- Workplace pension scheme with 6% employer contributions
- Employee health plan
- Individual training and development, including support for BAJR skills passport for early career professionals, mentoring, performance review programme, personal development plan and paid CPD and training
- High standard of professional quality PPE and additional work clothing as standard, including gender-specific fittings
- Accommodation, subsistence and travel covered for away work.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees paid
- Paid professional memberships for other key organisations
- Programme of social events through the course of the year
Applying If you are interested in working for Solstice, you should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications need to be with us by 5pm on Wednesday 31stOctober 2018, with interviews to be held in the week starting 5th November 2018 in Newcastle upon Tyne. If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Jim Brightman or Chris Scott for an informal discussion on 0845 528 1042 or at email@example.com. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
- A detailed and up-to-date c.v.
- A cover letter or statement outlining any particular skills or experience you think would be important to the Solstice team, and what your aims and ambitions are within heritage.
- Contact details for two referees (if not already included in your c.v.). Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
Solstice Heritage LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer.