Magnitude Surveys is one of the largest providers of archaeological geophysical surveys in the UK. We design and build bespoke geophysical equipment and software to continually push the boundaries of non-intrusive archaeological investigations. We are currently working on a wide range of projects from major national infrastructure to small housing schemes across the UK.
We are seeking to promptly recruit a Geophysical Reporting Analyst to join our growing team. The position will be primarily office-based with the option for a small amount of fieldwork to meet operational needs, if desired by the successful candidate. You will join a team of 20 archaeological geophysics professionals, all of whom bring a unique set of skills to a highly collaborative, friendly work environment. Your primary responsibilities will be the production and proofing of concise analytical archaeological geophysics reports, including text and figure production.
The ideal candidate would:
- Possess an MSc in Archaeological Prospection and/or have demonstrable field experience in research or commercial archaeological geophysics
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in all archaeological periods and geophysical techniques
- Have experience of producing commercial archaeological reports
- Be able to synthesise the interpretation of geophysical results with secondary or complementary sources (e.g. LiDAR, satellite imagery/aerial photography, historic maps, soils/geology maps)
- Creative and independent thinker, with an attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in collaborative working groups
- Demonstrate strong written technical English
- Demonstrate experience of QGIS or a similar environment for anomaly digitisation and figure production
- Associate with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists, or the commitment to working towards this
- Possess a full clean driving licence
Magnitude Surveys encourages and supports its staff professional development by funding conference attendance and presentation, as well as training workshops. CIfA membership and a current CSCS card are desirable, but not essential. Magnitude Surveys will support the successful candidate in obtaining both CIfA membership and a CSCS card if they do not have one.
The successful candidate will be automatically enrolled into the NEST workplace pension scheme with matched employer contributions of up to 6%. Magnitude Surveys offers 31 days holiday including bank holidays and Christmas shutdown.
The closing date for application is November 30; however, early application is advised as the post may be filled before closing date. Applicants should submit a covering letter and CV through our website. Interviews will be held in our Bradford office.
For further information about the position, please contact Chrys Harris at email@example.com or 01274 926020.