AOC Archaeology is one of the leading commercial archaeology companies in the UK. We have one of the largest and most experienced team of in-house specialists and we are recruiting for a permanent Project Officer/Manager with a focus on geoarchaeology/Holocene environmental studies.
Based in our Edinburgh Office but will require site work across the UK. Working with AOC’s national team of Project Managers, you will bring expertise in the areas of geoarchaeology and the study of Holocene environments. You will also provide general project management support and will be willing to take on varied duties and tasks in line with our active post excavation programmes.
On site work may be physically demanding and it may be necessary to work in adverse weather conditions.
- A positive and enthusiastic professional interested in an exciting career opportunity with a forward-thinking company.
- Enjoy being part of a team that is central to the future growth and success of an organisation.
- A post graduate qualification in the field of geoarchaeology/Holocene environmental studies with a sound understanding of British archaeology.
- Previous experience of managing medium to large scale projects/research programmes is desirable.
- Experienced in the review of paleoenvironmental and geological background information and GI data towards developing geoarchaeological and palaeoenvironmental project and mitigation strategies.
- Competent in the use of hand auger/coring equipment and the supervision of drilling rig operations.
- Skilled in stratigraphic description, sampling and interpretation of monolith and core samples.
- Experience in deposit modelling, and/or a specialism in an environmental proxy analysis would be advantageous
- A publication record is desirable.
- A background in commercial archaeology would be beneficial.
- A full UK driving license is essential, and a CSCS card is desirable.
At AOC we believe in investing in and developing our staff to achieve the highest professional standards.
- Competitive salary, in line with CIFA and BAJR guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIFA membership if appropriate;
- Profit Distribution Scheme;
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays);
- Company pension scheme;
- Accommodation and subsistence (£15 per day);
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Support for research;
- Subscriptions to CIfA;
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
Applications are by CV and covering letter. Please send all applications to Ciara.Clarke@aocarchaeology.com quoting reference ADPXENV 1118.
Closing date for applications is 21st November 2018 with interviews taking place shortly after.