Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing nearly 500 staff.
Our Birmingham office is growing and in order to help fulfil client requirements primarily within the West Midlands region we are looking for two highly motivated Site Assistants who wish to further their archaeological career and challenge themselves.
You will be required to carry out the work with instruction from the Supervisor. They should be able to work closely with others as part of a team and have the ability to develop their role through the duration of the project. Experience gained through voluntary work will also be acceptable, but we would expect applicants to have 3 - 6 months relevant experience. Experience of the candidate will be reflected in the salary offered.
Accommodation and a generous subsistence allowance will be provided for projects when working away from home and the company offices. Applicants must have a full UK driving licence and be able to provide their own transport to the company offices. Transport will be provided for site work, leaving from the company offices to site.
All candidates are expected to have the following:
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or substantial commercial archaeological experience
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeological projects
- Good communication skills
- Awareness of health and safety legislation and its application to archaeological projects
- CSCS cards would be preferred but these can be obtained once employed
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%;
- Payment of a professional subscription;
- 24 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded),
- Single membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme currently provided by AVIVA;
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Permanent Health Insurance Policy;
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary;
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage;
- Flexi- Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards – annual leave
- Long service awards - vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel Loans
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme