Discover your potential as well as lots of exciting archaeology
Join the Network team!
Are you looking to get your career off the ground? Are you tired of being just another digger? Being overlooked for new opportunities? Do you feel you have what it takes to lead a team?
We value our people as well as the archaeology. With our pro-active support, we’ll help you develop and find your strengths. We’ve got your back, in helping you shape your future. Get in touch, we can’t wait to talk!
CALLING SUPERVISORS & ASSISTANTS
Opportunities for staff at all levels on projects across the UK, notably in the East Midlands, East of England and South Midlands. Immediate starts if you are available. Others will be taken on throughout December & January 2019.
WHO ARE WE?
Network Archaeology recently celebrated its 22nd birthday. We have evolved over the years and continue to encompass modern values and ethics of our profession, and have a great employment vision.
Nationally important infrastructure, such as HS2 and several other large developments.
- Immediate start OR join us later - either way we can be flexible around you.
- Long-term contracts – most staff will choose to stay longer.
- Post-excavation opportunities - we retain staff who are familiar with the site.
- Free good quality accommodation plus *additional allowances - we provide you a home away from home, making you feel comfortable when relocated for work. *when applicable
- Free transport to/from site - when staying in our accommodation keeping your working costs low.
- Generous overtime rates - whether you are extra enthusiastic or we need to call on you to put in some extra hours, we make sure to give back to you with generous overtime rates.
- Friendly, supportive and employee-focused company - we don’t forget you are a human-being behind the digging.
£21,076 - £24,149 (depending on experience) + £3,900 working away from home allowance
Applicants should have previous relevant experience in a supervisory role. An emphasis is placed on completing tasks on time and within budget. We look for mini-managers with organisation, excellent motivators of people, good communication skills and no points on your driving license.
£19,363 - £20,564 (depending on experience) + £3,900 working away from home allowance
Applicants should have at least 6-months relevant commercial experience in the UK. We look for flexibility, positive outlooks, a collaborative mindset and ability to work to defined deadlines.
- Contracts include 28 days paid holiday per full year worked (incl. public and bank holidays).
- Work in excess of 40 hours per week will be paid at time & a half on weekdays/ Saturdays and at double time on Sundays.
- Allowance of £15 (taxable) per day worked (£3,900 p/a), if you are working away from your current home. N.B. This allowance is not available on all projects.
- Contractual sick pay in addition to SSP, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and bike-to-work scheme.
- Valid CSCS card essential for all posts. For those who do not have one, a test can be booked by visiting: http://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/health-safety-environment-test/
- Membership of CIfA is desirable
- Applicants must be a British citizen, an EU national or hold a current Work Permit. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to any offer of employment. If you hold a Work Permit you need to send a copy with your CV.
Please email CV and brief covering letter to: Michelle Pilgrim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment made on a first come first served basis. We respond to all received applications.
Network Archaeology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.