John Moore Heritage Services is seeking an experienced Heritage Officer to join our Heritage team. The position will be full time, permanent and based in Wheatley, with meetings and site visits away from the office.
Our Heritage team is responsible for the production of pre-planning application documents in line with current legislation, planning policy and advisory documents of Historic England. The successful candidate will be responsible for producing Heritage Impact Assessments (formerly Desk-based Assessments), Historic Building Assessments and Recordings, and similar documents.
- Degree or postgraduate qualification demonstrating knowledge of prehistoric and historic British Archaeology
- Ability to process and analyse relevant data
- Excellent writing and reviewing skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
- Competence in documentary research, including the use aerial photographs and LIDAR data
- Knowledge of Historic Environment Record
- Understanding of English architecture
- Knowledge of the current legislative and policy framework
- Experience of fieldwork and knowledge of on-site excavation and recording, possibly at supervisor level