Trent & Peak Archaeology is the oldest established archaeological unit in the East Midlands, and since 2011 we have been part of York Archaeological Trust. YAT provides a unique and exciting employment opportunity, combining world famous heritage attractions such as Jorvik, with excavation, survey, consultancy, expert conservation services, research and an unmatched commitment to dissemination and public engagement.
Trent & Peak Archaeology has traditionally had a strong regional focus, with a particular emphasis on floodplain archaeology, geo-archaeology and the aggregates sector. In recent years, our commercial operations have greatly expanded into other sectors, including housing and infrastructure schemes. An important area of work now includes specialist work in advance of flood-schemes beyond the East Midlands.
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to take a lead role in expanding our heritage consultancy team. We are seeking a highly motivated, conscientious and experienced heritage consultant to join our consultancy team, which sits within the wider framework of the T&PA field unit. You will have the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled teams of archaeology and heritage professionals, who specialise in a wide range of archaeological sub-disciplines including geoarchaeology, historic building assessment, geomatics and LiDAR, aerial photography and spatial analysis. The role will be based at our offices in Chilwell, Nottingham.
What we offer:
• Company pension scheme, where both the Employee and Employer contribute.
• Childcare Vouchers, a salary sacrifice scheme.
• Annual leave entitlement on joining is 28 days, rising to 33 days after 5 years service.
• Annual Holiday purchase scheme, purchase up to 2 weeks additional holiday.
• Driver’s allowance (£500 p.a.) for those staff that are regularly required to drive field staff to site.
• Free Eye tests for VDU users.
• Free access to our 5 York Attractions including the JORVIK Viking Centre for our employees, their
families and friends, and 25% discount on retail goods and souvenirs.
• Discounts to Trust Events, at applicable events.
• PPE suitable to your role.
• Training opportunities appropriate to the role, including a Key Contact scheme.
• Transport to all sites will be provided for Project Archaeologists.
• Travel, subsistence and free accommodation provided for staff working away.
• Payment of CSCS test fee
Further details on the Trusts Recruitment, Rewards and Benefits can be found at -
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of UK commercial archaeology, safe working practices and experience of the costing and management of a wide range of projects of varying complexity and periods. These should ideally include experience of desk-based research including archival research to inform planning-related heritage assessments, including EIA Chapters, Setting Studies, Appraisals and Scoping Studies for a variety of proposed development sites
A permanent contract will be available for the successful candidate subject to completion of a probationary period.
A full job description and person specification are available at – http://www.yorkarchaeology.co.uk/get-involved/work-for-yat/
Application: Please send a CV and Covering Letter to Gareth Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For an informal discussion please contact Gareth Davies (Head of Operations for TPA) on 01158967402 or mobile 0750692039 .