Oxford Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in Europe. Our size and reputation ensures that we work on the most exciting and varied range of projects, and can offer real opportunities for long term employment and career development.
An opportunity has arisen at Oxford Archaeology North to oversee the processing of finds and environmental samples, and to ensure that our archives are completed and deposited in a professional and timely manner. We intend to appoint a Project Officer who can demonstrate experience and familiarity with the processing of material as it comes in from the field, as well as having a specialism in post-excavation assessment and analysis and/or one or more categories of finds. There will be a requirement to supervise staff undertaking the processing of the material, as necessary. The post will be office-based.
Read full Job Description here
Applicants should be members, or eligible for membership, of the CIfA.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the finds and archives by overseeing the processing of environmental and finds assemblages, and the production of archives to a professional standard.
- Have a specialism in one or more finds categories or general post-excavation analysis and reporting to publication standard.
- Carry out work practices in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- A good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology and the principles, practices, procedures and processes relevant to investigations.
- Ability to supervise effectively and to work as part of a team, with a flexible approach when working under pressure and to deadlines.
- A degree in archaeology, archaeological science or related discipline will be highly advantageous, as will experience of professional archaeological fieldwork and post-excavation within the UK commercial environment.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits.
- Competitive salary range £23,373 - £28,477 in line with CIfA salary minima guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership if appropriate.
- 35 days holiday (including statutory holidays and concessionary days at Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Training including placements, and opportunities for career progression.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees, up to ACIfA level (those at MCIfA level will receive the equivalent of ACIfA level).
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you would like to be part of a respected and established organisation, please apply by completing an application form, available from:
Alternatively, you can post your completed application form to:
Please submit a CV and covering letter with your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 17th February 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 6th March 2019
Oxford Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity. You must meet the requirements to live and work in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration.
Registered Charity No. 285627; Company Registration No. 1618597