Oxford Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in Europe. Our size and reputation ensures that we work on the most exciting and varied range of projects, and can offer real opportunities for long term employment and career development.
Due to our continued growth, we have a vacancy for a Documentary and Digital Archives Supervisor based in our Oxford office. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the processing, preparation and deposition of documentary and digital archaeological archives.
The role will be full time and based in our Oxford office. Part time working will also be considered.
Due to some physical duties of the role, the successful applicant will be involved with lifting and carrying boxes, using a box lift, ladders and stairs.
- Good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the procedures, processes and practices relating to archiving. This will be supported by a demonstrable interest in the recording and archiving of archaeological data.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and will demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A degree in archaeology, archaeological science or related discipline will be highly advantageous, as will experience of professional archaeological fieldwork and post-excavation within the UK commercial environment.
- Carry out work practices in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- The ability to drive would be advantageous as would membership of CIfA.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Archaeologist to further their career and be part of a dynamic and passionate team.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits.
- Competitive salary range £21,174 - £22,802 (appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership if appropriate).
- 32 days holiday (including statutory holidays and concessionary days at Christmas).
- Company pension scheme.
- Training including placements, and opportunities for career progression.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees, up to ACIfA level (those at MCIfA level will receive the equivalent of ACIfA level).
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
For further information about the role, please contact Nicky Scott (Head of Archives) at the Oxford office on 01865 263800.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION (click here)
If you would like to be part of a respected and established organisation, please apply by completing an application form, available from:
Alternatively, you can post your completed application form to:
Please submit a CV and covering letter with your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 24th February 2019.
Oxford Archaeology is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications are judged on the relevant skills and experience of the candidate, and not by gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, belief, age, nationality (other than where work permits may be required), or ethnicity. You must meet the requirements to live and work in the UK by UK Visas and Immigration.
Registered Charity No. 285627; Company Registration No. 1618597