Project Specific Archaeologist (London)
Fixed Term to 31st May 2019
ACCOMMODATION: Not provided, but an allowance will be offered to those who relocate to London
MOLA Headland Infrastructure is recruiting archaeologists to work on the largest infrastructure scheme in the UK. Successful applicants will work on a burial ground excavation in central London, the largest ever undertaken in this country.
Applicants should ideally have at least three months’ experience in commercial archaeological fieldwork in the UK, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. Candidates should have demonstrable experience in working in teams to meet tight deadlines and without close supervision. Applicants must be comfortable working on an active, urban construction site and excavating human remains; we are particularly interested in hearing from those who have some prior experience of this.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a paper free site where digital recording is the standard. You will also be working with an onsite team of 15 osteoarchaeologists who are undertaking assessments directly on site. The excavation is taking place under a specially designed and built roof. The site too boasts excellent welfare facilities with a canteen.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and immediate start dates are available for the right individuals. Preference will be given to applicants who already hold AQP/PQP CSCS cards. Please note that CRO cards are not accepted on the scheme. We can arrange and pay for a test if necessary and provide information about how to upgrade CRO cards to AQP/PQP.
Offers of employment will be conditional on acquiring the right card. Please note that the test stations are only available in the UK.
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Company pension scheme
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
Access to promotion / transfer opportunities with MOLA and Headland
- Relocation allowance if relocating to London from outside of London (eligibility rules apply)
There may also be opportunities to transfer to work on other projects within MOLA and Headland. These will only be available subject to successful completion of the probationary period.
For more information and to apply, please download the full job description and application form on the MOLA headland website at https://molaheadland.com/careers/
- Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
- Applications without an application form will not be considered.
- When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference MHA-L.
- Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday 31at March at 23:59
- While everyone recruited will have common contracts, the employer will be either Headland or MOLA. Successful applicants will be assigned to one organisation for management of HR issues.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MHI promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.