Supervisors and Site Assistants
Location: Headland Midlands & West (Hereford) and South & East (Silsoe)
Salary: from £19,500-20,000 (Site Assistants), from £20,500-23,000 (Supervisors)
Contract Type: Fixed term (Until 31st May 2019 initially with the possibility of extension beyond this)
Application Ref: Site Assistants SAMW0319 (for Hereford) SASE0319 (for Silsoe)
Supervisors SUPMW0319 ( for Hereford) SUPSE0319 (for Silsoe)
Closing Date: Applications will be processed on receipt, we are looking for people interested in an immediate start. Closing date 15th April 2019.
As a company that has just joined up with a major Environmental and Engineering consultancy (RSK), we are looking to recruit career-minded archaeologists at Site Assistant and Supervisor level to work on upcoming projects in the Midlands and Cambridgeshire, some on major infrastructure projects. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and growing company engaged with a constant stream of exciting archaeological projects and with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality archaeological work.
Work will primarily involve conducting a range of archaeological evaluations and excavations as well as office-based tasks. The ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate both relevant experience and enthusiasm and a willingness to participate in company initiatives.
As a commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop strengths you perhaps didn’t realise you even had. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development and depending on the level of work, there may be potential for extension of contracts and opportunities on national infrastructure projects.
The successful candidates should expect to receive from Headland:
- Continuous support from a proactive management team
- Training in specific archaeological & other skills
Other benefits include:
- A monthly clothing allowance
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid subsistence and travel time on field projects
- Infra structure allowance for certain sites (qualifying period applies)
Key skills requirements – Supervisors
You will be expected to take part in a variety of archaeological investigations including field-based surveys, evaluations and excavations as well as office-based research, analysis and reporting. The ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate both experience and enthusiasm and a willingness to participate in company initiatives.
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Reasonable practical experience
- Current CSCS card (preferably PQP or AQP)
- Supervision of archaeological projects (for supervisor applicants)
- Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles (for supervisors)
- Archaeological field work experience preferably on sites of various periods and types
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to work away from home
Key skills requirements – Site Assistants
- Experience of the archaeological supervision of plant (for supervisor applications)
- Degree level education in a relevant subject
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology
- Experience in managing small to medium sized teams (for supervisor applications)
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Membership of the CIfA
Applicants should have relevant experience in the field and commercial experience would be preferred. However, we will consider candidates with non-commercial experience who can demonstrate they have the right attitude and energy for the job. Relevant European commercial experience will also be considered and we welcome applications from EU Citizens. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work well within large teams and have a flexible approach to deployment. CSCS card holders are preferred, if you don’t have you will need to arrange it but we can pay for the test if necessary.
A clean driving licence and membership of the CIfA would be beneficial.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SUPMW0319 (for Hereford) SUPSE0319 (for Silsoe) for Supervisors and SAMW0319 (for Hereford) SASE0319 (for Silsoe) for Site Assistants. Postal applications will not be accepted.
Your application must contain the names and contact details of at least two referees.
If you have any queries regarding any aspect of these vacancies, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Also check us out on:
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/headland-archaeology-uk-ltd