Wardell Armstrong are looking to expand their West Midlands office to help fulfil client requirements, primarily within the West Midlands region. As such we are looking for highly motivated individuals who wish to further their archaeological career and challenge themselves.
The successful candidate will be willing to work independently as well as act in support to a Project Officer in the carrying out of site specific methodologies They should be able to work closely with others as part of a team and have the ability and willing to develop their role through the duration of projects. There is scope within this role to aid in the supervision and training of junior staff and with assistance, assist in the production of academic standard reports and archives.
- To assist in the completion of archaeological projects, including watching briefs, field evaluations, excavations and post-excavation work in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards
- To liaise with Supervisors, Project Officers and Project Managers on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned by the project supervisor
- To be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of Site Assistants during fieldwork and to carry out associated administrative duties to aid in the smooth running of projects
- To be responsible for the archive and documentation of an archaeological project in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards and procedures.
- Previous experience of supervision on archaeological projects or elements of projects
- Ability to work to time constraints and motivate, support and develop teams
- Degree level education in a relevant subject or substantial commercial archaeological experience
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeological projects
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Experience and confidence in undertaking digital survey
- Capability in other specialisms such as historic building recording, geophysical survey, artefact or environmental specialism
- Higher academic qualification in archaeology or related discipline
- Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists (ACIfA)
- Understanding of health and safety legislation and its application to archaeological projects
- H&S qualifications and/or CSCS card
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%;
- Payment of a professional subscription;
- 24 days annual leave per year (bank holidays excluded),
- Single membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme currently provided by AVIVA;
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Permanent Health Insurance Policy;
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary;
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage;
- Flexi- Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards – annual leave
- Long service awards - vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel Loans
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme
Please apply via our website http://www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers/