ARCHAEOLOGICAL FIELDWORK OFFICER & SENIOR OFFICER
REF: SALFWK 04.19
Archaeological Officer - £24,530 to £28,456 p.a.
Archaeological Senior Officer - £27,810 to £31,850 p.a.
Wessex Archaeology is one of the largest independent archaeological practices in the UK and is a registered Charity whose aims are to promote the advancement of education and the advancement of the arts, culture, heritage and science. We recognise that our employees are paramount to our success and aim to foster a working environment that protects the physical and mental well-being of our people. We have offices in Salisbury, Sheffield, Maidstone, Bristol and Edinburgh.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates to join our Officer and Senior Officer fieldwork team based in Salisbury. The ideal candidates will be experienced heritage professionals with demonstrable fieldwork experience, in a professional commercial archaeological environment. The nature and duration of their experience should be commensurate with the post applied for. We expect the successful candidates to be able to work well as part of a team but also be motivated and able to work independently.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in fieldwork archaeology with one of the largest independent archaeological companies in the UK. At Wessex Archaeology, we are dedicated to investing in our staff through training and development.
- Applicants for the position must have a proven track record in managing medium to large teams in the field and must provide evidence of good report writing skills. A publication portfolio would be beneficial.
- A good degree in archaeology or related subject;
- A valid CSCS card; and
- Full clean Driving Licence.
The behavioural attributes that we expect from you are to be:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists;
- Valid First Aid at Work, CAT & Genny and Plant Marshalling (banksmen) certification; and
- SMSTS/SSSTS or similar H&S qualifications.
You will be expected to be able to work independently when required and demonstrate a professional approach to work, colleagues, other professionals and clients.
- Flexible, to meet the demands of the role, including working away from home;
- To have excellent communication skills which enable you to provide supervision and support to junior colleague;
- To be optimistic and a positive influence, inspiring creativeness and innovation in others;
- To be enthusiastic and solution driven; and
- To work collegiately across all departments and regional offices.
Internal and external applicants are invited to submit a completed application form (available from the vacancies page on our web site http://www.wessexarch.co.uk/vacancies) and returned by e-mail to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 23rd May 2019. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
Further details, including Job Descriptions, Person Specifications and Application Packs can be found at: http://www.wessexarch.co.uk/vacancies. For all queries please contact Andy Crockett, Regional Director South (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Whilst Wessex Archaeology welcomes applications from all sections of the community and is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, it is essential that all applicants provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.