CFA Archaeology Ltd (CFA) is a Registered Organisation (RO) with the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), and ISO 9001:2015 accredited. CFA provides cultural heritage consultancy and contracting services across the UK.
Our Consultancy team has been a leading supplier of cultural heritage assessments for development projects since 2000 and our customer base includes: multinational corporations and government agencies, local government bodies, commercial and industrial clients and single partner consultancies.
CFA’s business portfolio includes: residential, commercial, industrial, transport, renewable energy and mineral extraction industries, including providing expert witness testimony for planning appeals and public inquiries.
CFA is looking to appoint a Consultant to join our friendly and highly experienced team at either our Head Office in Scotland or Leeds Office. This is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant with proven experience to deliver consultancy sector projects and develop their career with a market leader.
You should have a first degree or equivalent in archaeology, or in a subject related to cultural heritage studies; experience of field survey and monument identification skills; and good all round knowledge of the planning and legislative frameworks as they apply to cultural heritage within the United Kingdom.
You should have previous experience of producing Desk-based Assessments, Heritage Impact Assessments and EIA Reports. You should be motivated, with a good positive attitude and be an effective team-worker and communicator. Experience of the procurement of consultancy work, preparing quotations and appropriate Project Designs. Applications from candidates with experience of providing EIA's for windfarms and OHL's would be especially welcome.
Key Skills Required:
- The ability to produce accurate and literate outputs to tight deadlines and within resource allocations
- The ability to multi-task and to prioritise workloads and effectively manage scope change when necessary
- The ability to provide up-to-date heritage advice to clients and colleagues, with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Have effective negotiation and communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, clients, landowners and the general public
- Have a collaborative attitude to project management and client relationships, working as part of a wider project team
- Educated to degree-level in relevant discipline
- Proven consultancy experience
- Member of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) or equivalent experience
- Excellent team-working and communication skills
- High levels of attention to detail, time-management, planning and organisational skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
Benefits of working at CFA include:
- Financial assistance with potential relocation
- Profit distribution scheme
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Paid overnight subsistence and travel time on fieldwork
- Subscription to CIfA paid in full
- TOIL and Sickness Benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Consultant C0719' in the subject line by close of business on 29 July 2019. Only completed applications containing a cover letter and CV will be accepted. Interview dates to be confirmed.
CFA Archaeology follows a policy of equal opportunities for employment, training and other conditions of service. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of identity and right to work in the UK will be required prior to commencing employment.