To lead individual specified fieldwork projects, ensuring performance targets are met (or exceeded), and assuring the quality of archaeological recording and understanding and assist in the supervision of a large, complex linear project.
To apply and view more details: Click Here for Balfour Beatty Career Page
- Deliver fieldwork to time, budget, quality and health and safety requirements.
- To supervise and undertake archaeological projects, including watching briefs, field evaluations, excavations, and post-excavation work, in accordance with DCO requirements, procedures and standards
- Ensure projects are fully compliant with the Archaeological Requirements of DCO and WSI
- Provide advice and support to operational teams on archaeological requirements of DCO and archaeological matters
- Develop and maintain local archaeological plans
- Maintain relationships with regulators, clients and subcontractors
- Develop and maintain relationships with local stakeholders
- Encouraging site environmental best practice and safe behaviours
- To direct the work of a multi-disciplinary project team and to provide members of the team with appropriate encouragement, guidance and feedback on that work in accordance with relevant project documentation
- To ensure that site records and summaries are lodged in accordance with DCO procedures
- Author typescript fieldwork reports efficiently and accurately.
- Monitor and provide regular reports to Project Teams on project archaeolgical progress, logistical, staff and health and safety issues, and to maintain appropriate liaison with clients, Local Government officers, and contractors.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of appropriate administrative records, including timesheets
- Ensure fieldwork is carried out in accordance with the BB Health and Safety policy, and to prepare Risk Assessments and other relevant documentation
- To instrumental in developing the community engagement and outreach projects for the scheme to support a greater public awareness and appreciation of the work of BB through displays, publications, contributions to the website, media liaison, lectures etc.
- Management and review of DCO documents including WSI
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Provide on-site advice to operations and design teams on the DCO, archeological matters, compliance and project specific archaeological mitigation measures including strip, map and sample, watching brief etc
- Produce internal and external reports as required for the DCO, case studies etc on archaeological performance.
- Other duties appropriate to the post as may be required
- Physically demanding work on sites
- Some work in inclement weather