Environmental Assistant (Casual)
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
To assist the environmental team with the processing and sorting of environmental samples within the current work stream, in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards.
In this role you will be expected to liaise with the senior environmental staff on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned by the project supervisor.
The job will be based in the Carlisle office.
It is expected that the work will extend to late October 2019.
The successful candidate will be willing to work independently, as well as part of the team, in support to the Environmental Supervisor in the carrying out of the daily environmental tasks of processing and sorting bulk environmental samples.
- High level of attention-to-detail and a methodological approach to paperwork
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues
- Capability of working well in both team and independent environments
- Experience of working within a commercial archaeological unit in the UK; preferably within environmental archaeology
- Capable of lifting 15kg comfortably along with a range of manual handling tasks.
Accomodation, mileage and subsistence expenses are paid
- Experience of environmental sample processing and sorting
- A degree in Archaeology would be desirable although not essential so long as you have significant demonstrable experience in environmental archaeology
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIfA level
- Valid CSCS card
To apply for this position please upload a CV to the relevant vacancy on our website. https://www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers/