Senior Heritage ConsultantLocation: Basingstoke
Salary: c£30-40k Dependent on Experience
Ecus Environmental Consultants is looking for an ambitious and dynamic senior / principal Heritage Consultant with an enthusiasm for winning work and developing client relationships, to join our expanding heritage team.
You will be an experienced heritage professional with a minimum of 5 years professional experience, ideally in a commercial consultancy environment.
You will be passionate about driving environmental improvement for people and places. With a genuine enthusiasm for business development and client care you will relish the opportunity to help us grow our Heritage team to meet the needs of our clients, and develop your own client relationships.
Ecus is a rapidly growing and friendly consultancy with 80 employees across our 5 UK offices.
We believe that progress for people does not have to be at the expense of the environment and that the built and natural environments can thrive together for the benefit of all.
We work collaboratively with our clients, providing Ecology, EIA, landscape, heritage and water consultancy services to help them create a sustainable future for future generations.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Company’s heritage team, reporting directly to the Head of Heritage. Responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience
- Preparation and review of fee quotes and tenders.
- Maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Managing a small team of junior staff and providing quality assurance.
- Working with the Head of Heritage and Regional Manager to grow the business
- Scoping, Procuring and Managing Fieldwork
- Undertaking and reviewing statements of significance and impact assessment for historic environment desk-based assessment and EIA
On a personal level, we are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with good communication skills and the ability to fit into our friendly, lively and ambitious team. You must be prepared to work anti-social hours and away from your home office when reasonably required.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
- Have an established specialist skill area (built heritage, archaeology, historic landscapes)
- Experience of managing staff and securing work in a consultancy environment
- Experience of managing a wide variety of clients and historic environment projects
- Membership of CIfA, or equivalent professional body, at Member level.
- Experience in assessing heritage significance and setting.
- Authoritative knowledge of national legislation and planning policy in respect to heritage management
- Full driving licence
Salary & Benefits
Offering £30,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience).
As well as our generous benefits package, we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People Silver status.
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
-STRICTLY NO AGENCIES-
We do not accept CVs from third parties / agencies, and any applications received will be treated as the property of Ecus Ltd. We will not be liable for any fees related to unsolicited CVs received.