Mott MacDonald are a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges.
Would you like to join a talented multidisciplinary team who are as passionate as you about our heritage? We’re looking for a motivated Senior Heritage Consultant, with a built heritage or historic environment planning background, to work in our busy Fleet Place Team in the heart of London. You will have an interesting and varied workload with some large and prestigious clients. You will also support other members of the heritage team on project work, manage projects yourself, and liaise with clients and stakeholders including Historic England and local planning authorities. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with business development including bid work and helping to develop Mott MacDonald’s future heritage offer.
We work with our diverse client base, including the private and public sector, to help them manage change and make the most of the opportunities the historic environment offers. You will work on everything from advising on how to manage the historic environment as part of large national infrastructure schemes to assessing heritage impacts of smaller development sites. Our range of work gives you the opportunity to get involved in many aspects of the historic environment, including historic buildings, archaeological sites and the historic landscape allowing you to apply and expand your existing knowledge and develop new skills. You will also work as part of wider project teams with other professionals in a wide range of disciplines giving you an opportunity to understand the different challenges everyone faces and how to work collaboratively to get the best outcomes.
This position can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
For more information about our environment sector, click here.
Depending on your skills and our project requirements your work is likely to cover;
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to deliver great schemes
- Working with other professionals, including designers, engineers and environmental specialists, to realise the best schemes that benefit our clients and the environment
- Producing heritage assessment reports, including EIA, Heritage Statements and Historic Environment Desk Based Assessments and advising on building conservation.
- Managing small to medium size projects in the historic environment from bid work to completion
- Managing fieldwork including historic building recording and assessment
- Supporting bid work and providing heritage inputs on multi-disciplinary tenders
- Being part of a team who support each other with project work and professional development
We are looking for someone with a background in built heritage or historic environment planning. You will have had previous experience working in the heritage sector in either the private or public sector. You should have good written and verbal communication skills. As we work all over the UK and have some overseas projects, a willingness and ability to travel is essential, and a full driving licence is desirable. Whilst you should be able to work independently and take the initiative we believe in collaborative working to make sure that everyone gets the most out of their work. We will support you in your professional development both as a historic environment specialist, and in consultancy more generally.
APPLY from this webpage : CLICK HERE