Archaeologist (finds): (P/T 22.5 hours per week)
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
To assist in day-to-day duties within the finds department.
In this role you will be expected to liaise with the Principal Archaeologist (Finds and Archives) on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned by the Principal Archaeologist.
The successful candidate will be willing to work independently as well as part of the team in support to the Principal Archaeologist (Finds and Archives) in the carrying out of the daily finds tasks. You should have the ability and willingness to develop your role through the duration of projects and tasks.
- Experience of handling all artefactual material (minimum 3 months continuous)
- Finds washing experience
- Finds marking experience
- Archival experience
- High level of attention-to-detail and a methodological approach to paperwork
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues
- Capability of working well in both team and independent environments
- Experience of working within a commercial archaeological unit in the UK
- Capable of lifting 10kg comfortably along with being able to undertake a range of manual handling tasks.
- A degree in Archaeology would be desirable although not essential so long as you have significant demonstrable experience in working with finds
- An interest in a specific artefactual material
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIfA level
- Valid CSCS card
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme