St Stephen’s – A Meeting Place for the Community
The Parochial Church Council of St Stephen, Great Wigborough, Essex are seeking to appoint a Heritage Officer to deliver a programme of activities celebrating our heritage.
With the support of the local community this project is to see the nave of the Grade II* listed St Stephen’s, made into a venue for use by the community, helping to reduce social isolation in this rural location.
Alongside the capital works our project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund includes a programme of activities designed to explore the architectural heritage of the church and to celebrate the environmental heritage of its setting, located as it is between the Abberton reservoir SSSI nature reserve and the Saltings, the marshes and the sea.
- The recruitment and management of 15 volunteers
- The organisation of heritage related activities in partnership with the volunteers, local people, schools and organisations
- The organisation of workshops, talks, walks and the creation of exhibition material
– To assist in outreach and marketing tasks, including website updates and the production of project material
- The creation of a church guidebook
- To write reports to be provided to external funders and for internal monitoring
– To monitor the success of activities delivered
- To manage the overall administration of the project activities and be a point of contact for the project
– Any other duties as reasonably required commensurate with the post
Interested applicants should request an application form from Simon Dawson at: email@example.com
For a full Job Description CLICK HERE