As a company that has just joined up with a major Environmental and Engineering consultancy (RSK), we are looking to recruit career-minded archaeologists at Project Officer level to join our teams across various English offices with a view to being involved in a range of exciting large and medium scale fieldwork projects.
Are you someone who:
If so, Headland Archaeology (UK) Ltd would like to consider recruiting you as a Project Officer to be based in either our South & East (Silsoe, Luton); Midlands and West (Hereford) or Yorkshire and NE (Leeds) office.
- is self driven with a positive outlook and good understanding of British Archaeology?
- is willing to travel and work away from home?
- has a degree or post graduate qualification in Archaeology or a related subject?
- has over 3 years’ experience in British, commercial field archaeology?
- wants to develop your career in a forward looking company that invests in innovation?
- wants to work for a company that has dedicated training staff to help you progress?
- wants to broaden your skills in implimenting the commercial aspects of projects as well as archaeology?
As a commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop strengths you perhaps didn’t realise you had. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development and promotion.
The successful candidates should expect to receive from Headland:
- Continuous support from a proactive and approachable management team
- Training in specific archaeological & other skills
- Periodic discressionary additional payments by way of company bonus schemes (look on social media for more information)
We have a training programme for all levels of staff across the company (CIfA accredited – and high commended by the Archaeology Training Forum) that you will benefit from. It will also help you understand the skill levels of those working on your projects.
Other benefits include:
- A monthly clothing allowance
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Support joining CIfA and membership fees whilst working for us.
- Paid subsistence and travel time on field projects
- Medicash insurance
- Death in service benifit
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Current CSCS card (preferably PQP or AQP)
- Experience in the supervision of archaeological projects
- Experience of the archaeological supervision of plant
- Full Clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Degree level education in a relevant subject
- Archaeological field work experience preferably on sites of various periods and types
- A demonstrable portfolio of reports
- Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in managing small to medium sized teams
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to work away from home
In the first instance please send an application quoting reference PO-ENG-0919 and stating your preferred base location (or none – if you don’t mind where you are based) to email@example.com. Applications must include a short cover letter or email, an up to date CV and the contact details of at least two referees. If you do not meet all the essential criteria above please could you let us know your willingness to be considered for a supervisor role, working towards this position.
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology
- Experience in writing publications
- SSSTS qualification
- First aid at work qualification
- Certified banksman training
- Membership of the CIfA
Closing Date Appointments will be made on receipt of applications up until 21st October 2019.
For information about our various offices - see http://www.headlandarchaeology.com/Careers/careers.html
Also check us out on:
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/headland-archaeology-uk-ltd