As a company that has just joined up with a major Environmental and Engineering consultancy (RSK), we are looking to recruit career-minded archaeologists at Senior Archaeologist level to join our teams across all our offices with a view to being involved in a range of exciting large and medium scale fieldwork projects.
Are you someone who:
If so, Headland Archaeology (UK) Ltd is the place to further your career.
- is self driven with a positive outlook, good understanding of British Archaeology and looking for a challenge?
- is willing to travel and work away from home?
- Is very experienced in running archaeological sites and capable of overseeing a number of field and post excavation projects at the same time
- has a degree or post graduate qualification in Archaeology or a related subject?
- wants to develop your career in a forward looking company that invests in innovation?
- wants to work for a company that has dedicated training staff to help you progress?
- wants to broaden your skills in implimenting the commercial aspects of projects as well as archaeology?
As a commercial company there is plenty of scope to utilise existing skills, discover new ones and develop strengths you perhaps didn’t realise you had. You will encounter numerous opportunities for personal development and promotion. The appontment can be at Headland South and East/Yorkshire, NE/Midlands and West or Scotland.
The successful candidates should expect to receive from Headland:
- Continuous support from a proactive and approachable management team
- Training in specific archaeological & other skills
- Periodic discretionary additional payments by way of company bonus schemes (look on social media for more information)
We have a training programme for all levels of staff across the company (CIfA accredited – and high commended by the Archaeology Training Forum) that you will benefit from. It will also help you understand the skill levels of those working on your projects.
Other benefits include:
- A monthly clothing allowance
- Contribution to pension scheme
- Subscription to the CIfA
- Paid subsistence and travel time on field projects
- Death in service benefit
- Medicash insurance
The following criteria are essential:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Experience in having sole responsibility for archaeological projects of significant scale including planning logistics and co-ordinating sub-contractors.
- Being able to support managers in their duties and assist with overseeing projects, producing paperwork and providing input to tenders
- Experience and understanding of UK commercial archaeology
- Archaeological field work experience across a wide range of periods and types
- Experience of working with main contractors on site
- A demonstrable portfolio of reports/publications
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders
- Degree level or higher qualification in a relevant subject
- Current CSCS card (preferably PQP or AQP)
- Good organisational skills
- Use of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to use own initiative
- Full Clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Willingness to work away from home
In the first instance please send an application quoting reference SA-ALL-0919 and stating your preferred base location (or none – if you don’t mind where you are based) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a short cover letter or email, an up to date CV and the contact details of at least two referees. If you do not meet all the essential criteria above please could you let us know your willingness to be considered for a Project Officer role, working towards this position.
- Understanding of how change management works
- Experience of working on NEC contracts
- Experience in writing publications
- SSSTS qualification
- First aid at work qualification
- Certified banksman training
- Membership of the CIfA
Closing Date 21st October 2019 (we may interview candidates, and make offers before this date)
For information about our various offices - see http://www.headlandarchaeology.com/Careers/careers.html
Also check us out on:
Linked in: http://www.linkedin.com/company/headland-archaeology-uk-ltd