Finds and Environmental Supervisor – Northampton
Job ref: FES1019N
Pay: £24,088 to £26,138 (dependent upon experience)
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
MOLA is a charitable company and a leading provider of professional advice and services to the property industry and heritage sector. The current post would be based in Northampton. We are continuing to see our business grow across the sector and following internal promotion and reorganisation we are looking to recruit a Finds and Environmental Supervisor.
The role involves supervising all aspects of finds and environmental processing, including booking in finds and samples (bulk and specialist), ensuring a high standard of finds/environmental treatment and maintaining appropriate tracking information. The successful candidate will be highly organised, innovative and able to manage their time and the team effectively. Understanding of archaeological artefact retrieval methodology, identification of finds and environmental materials, as well as material storage, handling and cleaning is essential. Experience of the preparation of digital archives is also desirable. The successful candidates will work closely with site supervisory team to ensure material is treated properly and deadlines are met and will also be responsible for supervising the work of the processors.
A specialism in finds or environmental archaeology would be an advantage in addition to experience in specialist reporting on finds/ecofacts. Applicants should have some prior experience of supervising small teams, and ideally also experience in commercial archaeological fieldwork. Candidates should have demonstrable experience in working in teams to meet tight deadlines and without close supervision. We are particularly interested in hearing from those who also have knowledge of and have used archaeological databases.
Mentoring and training will be provided, where necessary, from the post-excavation team to allow development within role.
What we offer you?
Along with a competitive salary, we offer:
• 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
• Generous pension scheme
• Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
• Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season interest-free travel loan
• Cycle scheme
• Free access to many of London’s museums and galleries (excluding ticketed events)
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects.
• Please see the attached documents on the MOLA careers website at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers/ to download job descriptions and application form
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference FES1019N
• Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for the vacancy is 23:59 on Sunday 20th October 2019
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.