TITLE: Senior Consultant
LOCATION: IAC Ltd. Head Offices, Network Enterprise Centre, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow.
DURATION: Full-time (37.5 hour-week Mon-Fri.). Contract: Immediate start, permanent position (pending suitability and probation).
REMUNERATION €40,000 per annum.
BACKGROUND: IAC Archaeology is Ireland’s largest archaeological consultancy with significant experience in working for a wide variety of Clients and across sectors from transport and utilities to commercial and residential developments. We have a dedicated and highly professional consultancy and fieldwork team, who work to the highest standard and provide robust and objective solutions for the benefit of our clients and the wider historic environment. IAC Archaeology is proud to be a Corporate Member of the Institute of Archaeologists of Ireland.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Due to continued business growth, we are currently looking for an experienced Archaeological Consultant to join our expanding and friendly team in our Kilcoole office in County Wicklow. Reporting to the Associate Director (Team Leader), you will provide high quality archaeological advice and support to a variety of private and public-sector clients.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assist in the production of desktop assessments, Environmental Impact Assessments, Master Plans and Conservation Plans (including field inspections). Your input may also be required with regards to a range of archaeological testing, monitoring and excavation reports.
- Meeting clients and partaking in design team works shops and consultancy.
- Assist in the preparation of licence applications and supporting documentation in relation to all aspects of archaeological fieldwork will be required (including aspects of H&S).
- Sometimes be required to carry out and assist with archaeological fieldwork (testing, monitoring, excavation - as required), including the management of small-scale projects.
IAC is an equal-opportunities employer.
- BA/BSc Degree in Archaeology.
- Robust knowledge of the Irish and/or UK Planning system in relation to archaeology and heritage and a thorough knowledge of archaeology and heritage subject matter and the application of policy.
- Assessment skills (historic map analysis, aerial photographic analysis, etc)
- Excellent writing and communications skills, ability to work individually and as part of a team, thrive under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines. Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing situations is critical.
- Professional archaeological report writing experience.
- Minimum of six months field work experience
- Experience of working within a consultancy organisation would be desirable.
- Good IT skills & computer literacy.
- Highly motivated, conscientious and efficient approach to work.
- A full driving licence.
HOW TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 25th October 2019.