Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people.
We seek to recruit an experienced Project Officer (Archaeology) to join the team. Our archaeology and heritage services are delivered from 4 locations, and we are interested in applications for team members who could be based in our Carlisle, Greater Manchester, or Birmingham offices.
The post will involve taking a senior role on varied archaeological projects across the UK. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience of executing archaeological fieldwork, and be confident in supervising a team of archaeologists, as well as undertaking post-excavation project work. This post excavation work is based at the company offices and requires demonstrable report-writing ability and post-excavation skills.
Wardell Armstrong LLP offers a company pension scheme and sickness benefits as well as paid membership of CIfA, and provides accommodation, transport and a generous subsistence allowance when working away from home.
- Experience in leading field excavation teams.
- Demonstrable grey literature report writing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of British archaeology.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of post-excavation procedures and practices.
- A degree in archaeology is preferred, though vocational experience will be considered.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Awareness of health and safety legislation and its application to archaeological projects
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at either Member or Associate level is preferred.
Apply here: https://www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers/
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions/ CIfA Membership.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.