|AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading commercial archaeology companies in the UK, comprising a highly skilled and dynamic team and offering a full range of archaeological fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services.|
AOC prides itself on its commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking excavations and projects. This includes applying innovative GIS solutions to deliver efficient, cost-effective and professional services for our clients – find out more here.
In response to the increased demand for our services, we are seeking to expand our GIS and Geomatics team. Applications are invited for the position of GIS & Geomatics Project Officer to join our team in either our Leeds or Edinburgh office.
This role will comprise a diverse range of tasks including the processing and quality assurance of survey data, creating & managing geospatial data in line with standards and procedures and the presentation of GIS data for our various sectors. The post holder will also undertake project work including archaeological field survey which may require overnight stays. Accommodation and subsistence will be provided, along with transport to and from site.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your career in GIS and Geomatics with a forward-looking archaeological company. AOC believes strongly in investing in and developing its staff to achieve the highest professional standards.
You should also be able to demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a team with a varied and demanding workload. It is vital that you are a good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology. You should be self-motivated and able to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Demonstrable experience in using GIS, particularly ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro
- Demonstrable experience in using AutoCAD and related spatial data/drafting suites
- Demonstrable track record in archaeological field survey using Trimble instruments including processing, editing, analysing and presentation of resulting data.
- Geomatics data processing, including 3D data from photogrammetry and laser scanning/LiDAR
- Demonstrable experience in applying effective cartographical techniques for the visualisation of heritage data
- Familiarity with heritage data standards and terminology.
- A high level of IT literacy is essential, specifically the use of Microsoft Office.
- CIFA Membership
- CSCS Card
- Full, clean driving license
AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2015 certification.
- Competitive salary, in line with CIfA and BAJR guidelines - salary will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience
- Profit Distribution Scheme
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Accommodation for projects away from base with an additional subsistence allowance of £15 per day
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences and CPD
- Support for research
- Paid subscriptions to CIfA and/or IHBC
- Flexible working
- TOIL and sickness benefits
Applications are by CV and covering letter. Please send all enquiries and applications to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th December 2019 with interviews taking place in either Edinburgh or Leeds in mid-January 2020. This is a full-time position.