ARCHAS Ltd are a small archaelogical unit/consultancy based in Kirkcaldy. We undertake work across the South East, Borders, Central Belt and Argyll and the Isles including frequent work in the Outer Hebrides.
We are looking for a competent archaeaologist who will be willing take responsibility for small scale and possibly larger projects at all stages including up to small scale publication. The applicat must have a driving license and be willing to work independently and undertake all aspects of small unit work.
Up to and including small scale evaluations, watching briefs, walkover surveys, Desk Based Assessments and other small projects. Instruction will be provided in using graphics packages, Historic Building recording and report writing.
If candidate has their own car then mileage can be paid as long as business insurance is in place.
- Competitive salary range £22,300 to £24,000 in line with CIfA salary guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and CIfA membership if appropriate.
- Candidates must demonstrate proven experience, technical proficiency and good working knowledge of professional archaeological fieldwork within the UK, and aparticulalrly in Scotland.
- Candidates will be able to support the ARCHAS Director and assist with project work, management and report writing.
- Candidates will be able to undertake tasks such as small scale evaluations, walkover surveys, watching briefs, machine watching, Desk Based Assessments and excavation.
- A degree in archaeology or related discipline is required andmembership of the CIfA at minimum PCIfA level (or to be achieved soon after employment).
- A full clean driving licence is desirable, as is a current CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card.
- 28 days holiday (including statutory holidays)
- Company pension scheme.
- Training including placements, and opportunities for career progression.
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees.
- Potential for provision of company vehicle for lone and independent working
- High quality personal protective equipment.
- Subsistence payment (£15 per night) and free accommodation (B and B / self-catering) provided for away-based projects. No sharing - single rooms only.
- Potential for occasional home working.