AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading, and fasting growing, commercial archaeology companies in the UK. We have a highly skilled and dynamic team and offer a full range of archaeological fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services. We have five offices in Edinburgh, Leeds, York, London and Inverness. AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2015 certification. AOC prides itself on its commitment to working on interesting and ground breaking excavations and projects across all sectors (see www.aocarchaeology.com).
We are looking to appoint a Consultant at Project Officer level, to be based at one of our offices.
The successful candidate will have to work within defined specifications, budgets and timetables. They will aid the wider AOC Consultancy team in producing desk-based assessments, Environmental Impact Assessment Report chapters, ES chapters, heritage impact assessments, heritage site appraisals and written schemes of investigation. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of planning and historic environment legislation, policy and guidance, particularly in relation to Scotland and England.
- Highly experienced, motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work;
- Dynamic individual who will be central to the future growth and success of the Group;
- Good knowledge of British Archaeology;
- Experience of walkover survey and reporting;
- Good team member with a positive approach to commercial archaeology;
- Willing to travel across the UK;
- A clean driver licence and computer literacy are essential;
- CSCS card.
- Competitive salary, in line with CIFA and BAJR guidelines; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience and office location;
- Profit Distribution Scheme;
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays);
- Company pension scheme;
- Accommodation and subsistence (£15 per day);
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Support for research;
- Subscriptions to CIfA;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
The closing date for applications is 3rd January 2020. For further information please contact Vicky Oleksy either on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 440 3593 for an informal discussion. Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.