Worcestershire Archaeology part of the Archive & Archaeology Service
Join our innovative and friendly team Worcestershire Archaeology (www.explorethepast.co.uk) is looking for an Archaeological Archivist to join our team, which operates on a wide range of projects across the West Midlands and beyond. With a proven track record of delivering high quality fieldwork for over 35 years, we are seeking new team members to help us meet the growing demand we continue to enjoy for our services.
We offer a great opportunity for people to develop their careers in an innovative and friendly environment. We are based at The Hive, in the centre of Worcester (www.thehiveworcester.org), an award-winning building providing a unique combination of library, archive and archaeological services under one roof.
Archaeological Archivist – £22,999 to £24,894 (pro rata). This is a new post establishing the creation and deposition of our project archives as central to the archaeological process. You would be working in a sector of archaeology increasingly recognised as crucial to quality professional practice. This would involve engagement with museums across the West Midlands region and beyond.
- Local Government contributory pension scheme (probably the best there is).
- 33 days holiday per year (including statutory holidays) rising to 38 after 5 years (pro rata).
- Supported attendance at conferences.
- A review and development scheme for all the team which has underpinned our proven track record of training, retaining and promoting our staff.
- A range of measures to promote a good work/life balance.
- Wages that meet or exceed CIfA minima.
An initial contract is offered for this post until 31 March 2021 – it is intended it will be extended. It is part-time, 3 days/week, but negotiable.
Closing date for applications 27 January 2020.
Interviews will be held on 11 February 2020.
Apply online at www.worcestershire.gov.uk/jobs and follow links to 'Current Vacancies' and 'Worcestershire County Council Jobs' and scroll to the advert.
All applications will receive a written response.