AOC Holdings Ltd in Milton Keynes
£22,020 to £21,500, £21,352 to £23,000, £23,200 to £29,000
Apply before: 31/12/2020
Archaeological Field Staff (Archaeologists, Project Supervisors, and Project Officers): Milton Keynes
Arch £20,020 to £21,500,
PS £21,532 to £23,100,
PO £23,200 to £29,000
(depending on experience)
AOC is one of the leading, and fastest growing, heritage companies in the UK; over the last 4 years we have seen our turnover and staff double in size. We are actively involved in large-scale infrastructure programmes across the UK and pride ourselves on our commitment to working on interesting and ground-breaking projects, and we are proud of our highly skilled, dynamic staff. We offer a full range of fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services and have one of Britain’s largest and most experienced team of artefact, ecofact and conservation specialists. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation with ISO 9001:2015 certification. We pride ourselves on encouraging people to grow during their time at AOC, with their ambitions matching ours. Due to our expanding English portfolio we are now opening our fourth English office, in Milton Keynes. We are looking to appoint ambitious individuals who will help deliver this portfolio.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in archaeological fieldwork. It is vital that you are a good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology. You will also need to be self-motivating and able to work independently and under your own initiative, and it will be necessary to work away from home with overnight stay. We encourage our team to grow and in this role you will be supported by a senior member of AOC who will assist in improving your skill set and further your career using our bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix.
· Motivated, professional archaeologist who is interested in developing their career with a forward-thinking company with high professional standards of work;
· Dynamic individual who will be central to the reputation, future growth and success of the Group, particularly the Milton Keynes office;
· Excellent team member;
· Degree level qualifications;
· CSCS card.
· Full PPE (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice; please see https://www.aocarchaeology.com/covid-19)
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with CIFA recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability and previous experience;
- Ring-fenced Annual Bonus Scheme;
- Company pension scheme;
· Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Clear and transparent job progression using AOC’s bespoke Job Aspiration Matrix;
- Employee Assistance Programmes including Occupational Health support;
- Support for research;
- Paid CIFA membership; CSCS card and SSSTS and SMSTS card where required;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
Applications via CV and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com.
We will be reviewing applications on receipt and if suitable candidates apply we will be appointing immediately.
The overall closing date for applications is 31st December.
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Martin Cook (AOC Head of Fieldwork) on 0131 440 3593 for an informal discussion.
Your enquiry will be treated in confidence.
Two references will be required. Referees will not be approached without the candidate’s permission.
AOC Archaeology Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.