We are looking to recruit a number of field staff for an imminent start on a range of fieldwork projects, including open-area excavations in Dorset, Wiltshire and Devon, as well as the usual range of other archaeological projects across the South West.
Field Archaeologists: £20,220
Applicants should have a minimum of six months experience in commercial archaeological fieldwork and be proficient in hand excavation and site recording. A relevant archaeological degree is highly desirable, as is membership of the CIfA and a full clean driving licence. Applicants should possess a current CSCS Card and have good knowledge of British archaeology.
Trainee positions may also be considered.
Supervisors: £21,300 - £23,500
For these posts, you will need to be proficient in core fieldwork skills and have the experience to be able to undertake monitoring of machining, watching briefs and small-scale evaluations/excavations. You will also be expected to contribute to project reports. Again, a relevant archaeological degree is highly desirable, as is membership of the CIfA and a full clean driving licence. Applicants should possess a current CSCS Card and have good knowledge of British archaeology.
For all posts, successful applicants will be offered six month contracts in the first instance, with a good possibility of permanent positions being offered and career progression dependent on ability and future workload.
What we can offer you
If you are interested, please e-mail your CV with covering letter/email to email@example.com
- Workplace pension scheme, with employer contribution currently 6% (after three months’ continuous service)
- The opportunity to return home each evening. Most of our projects are commutable from our offices, with only a small number of short ‘stay-away’ projects each year.
- Opportunities for relevant training
- 28 annual leave days per year, rising to 31 after five years’ service; 33 after 10 years’
- Sick leave
- Paid travel when using your own vehicle
- Paid accommodation for away work (compliant with all current Government and industry guidance)
- Meal allowance for away work
- Good quality full PPE
- Free eye tests, where appropriate.
COVID19: We have COVID-19 plans in place and are following all current official guidance on maintaining a safe working environment during COVID19 via both CIfA and Govt advice. We are in constant communication with our clients to ensure all staff can continue to work and operate safely while travelling and working on site and/or in the offices.