Field Assistants Archaeologist – Excavations Winter / Spring 2021
Hourly Rate: £10.90 to £11.80 per hour
You will be providing effective support to our client – Cornwall Archaeological Unit (CAU) during the excavations in central Cornwall during the Winter and Spring of 2021.
We are looking for people with previous experience of executing archaeological fieldwork, able to keep up to date site records including context sheets, photographic and finds record sheets. You will be working under the direction of the CAU Site Supervisor.
Fieldwork is expected start in January 2021. The excavations are expected to run through January and March with possible extensions and subject to potential further projects commencing.
- HND, foundation degree or degree in archaeology or a related subject or equivalent experience.
- Membership of a professional body for the historic environment, such as: the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIFA grade or higher, or working towards this
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- be fluent in spoken and written English
- CSCS card
- The normal duties of the role will involve travel throughout Cornwall and it is a condition of employment that you can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role.
- Knowledge of archaeological recording systems, context sheets, cameras, GPS, etc is desirable.
- Ensure that fieldwork is carried out to CIfA standards and supports the CAU as a CIfA Registered Organisation;
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the historic environment, working towards a broad understanding across the field and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: development-led work, excavation, finds, recording or surveying techniques.
- Competent in the practice of professional requirements, standards, methods and techniques relating to the historic environment, for example: field recording
- Knowledge of current prevailing national and international principles and philosophies of conservation and archaeology.
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements in a project environment.
All sites are operating in accordance with Covid 19 Public Health guidelines.
No accommodation is provided on this project.
Please apply via CV and a concise personal statement describing how you meet the ‘Knowledge, skills & experience’ to Tamsin.email@example.com
Jobline are operating as a recruitment agency in respect of these roles.