IAC Archaeology is growing our fieldwork team for a range of major upcoming evaluation and excavation projects in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Warwickshire. This is a great opportunity to join our dedicated, friendly and highly professional fieldwork team. A core objective of our company is to create a positive and professional work environment, where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to develop their professional skills within the parameters of well-defined career-path. We achieve this by providing ongoing training, CPD and upskilling opportunities and by rewarding the qualifications and experience accumulated by staff during their career to date.
We are looking to appoint Project Officers to supplement our core teams on upcoming major evaluation and excavation projects.
Overnight accommodation (including weekends if required ) and subsistence will also be provided.
The following are required:
The following criteria are desirable:
- Experience and understanding of UK and/or Irish commercial archaeology
- Experience of supervising archaeological projects and managing field teams
- Experience of archaeological supervision of machine excavation
- Experience in managing excavation teams
- Full Clean driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
- Degree level education in a relevant subject
- Archaeological field work experience preferably on sites of various periods and types
- A demonstrable written and post-excavation skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Current CSCS card essential
- Experience in writing publications
- SSSTS qualification – Provided by IAC if required
- First aid at work qualification
- Certified banksman training
HOW TO APPLY: Applications via CV and cover letter outlining the grade/role you wish to apply for should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 31st January 2021.
If you would like any further information on this post, please contact Christina O’Regan on Coregan@iac.ie
Full PPE will be provided (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice).
Accommodation and subsistence (compliant with all current industry and Govt advice) will be provided if working away from home including weekend accommodation when required.
We will follow all current guidelines provided by Industry regarding Covid