Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
Principal Archaeologist (Project Officer)£26,500-c.£30,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications
Vacancies in both Carlisle and Birmingham
Based out of our Carlisle or Birmingham office, our successful candidate will be an experienced Fieldwork Specialist, experienced in supervising teams of archaeologists for our medium to larger scale project delivery, and providing general technical support for our projects. You will be engaged in developing our project delivery, will have proven report-writing ability, and commensurate post-excavation co-ordination skills. Experience of conducting both evaluation and excavation is essential from all angles, including plant direction, staff support and technical delivery on site. Experience of working on large scale infrastructure projects is desirable.
All of our successful candidates will need:
- Degree level qualification in Archaeology or a complementary subject.
- Driving license.
- White CSCS card (either AQP or PQP).
- Demonstrable grey literature writing experience.
- Appropriate awareness of post-excavation processes, and willingness to engage with our in- house post-ex team.
Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator, providing excellent service. They will also be inspired by a diverse range of archaeological projects and enjoy sharing their skills and experience with the wider team.
- CIfA membership at ACIfA or MCIfA level.
- SSSTS/SMSTS qualification
More about Wardell Armstrong:Wardell Armstrong LLP is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with offices throughout the UK employing approx. 500 staff. We have been providing expert archaeological and heritage services for over 25 years, during which time we have demonstrated our ability to provide effective and commercially aware advice to a wide range of clients throughout the UK. Wardell Armstrong is a people-focussed company, large enough to have strength in depth but also small enough to be sure of giving our clients close personal attention.
We also offer our permanent staff:
- Accommodation, transport, and a generous subsistence allowance when working away from home - including for Casual Staff.
- Membership of our Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions (CIfA or similar).
- Recruitment bounty scheme.
- Mobile phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) office-based teams.
- Membership to our Private Health Care Scheme (BUPA).
- Employee Assistance Programme: Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Inclusion in our Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- 24 days annual leave per year and non-expiration TOIL accrual
- Flexitime working schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle-to-Work scheme.
- Travel loans.
- Support for personal, local, and national charities and environmental causes.
or Contact: email@example.com