Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
Archaeological Research Services LtdProject Manager
Permanent position following 6 month probation
Salary £30,000 - £40,000+ (dependant on experience)
Are you a highly motivated, go-getter with an ability to oversee multiple projects, people and plan ahead? Do you have a passion for delivering value and benefit through archaeology? Are you an exceptional communicator, highly organised, efficient and with a high work-rate? This position is for a key members of our Field Archaeology division to help take the Company forward and requires you to be excellent at your job and an effective leader and motivator. You need to be highly disciplined, a good ‘people person’ as well as a competent archaeologist/allied professional. Although we are recruiting for those with an experienced archaeological background that will include a strong track record in report writing, we also warmly invite applications from those with a broader construction background experienced with NEC3 contracts/QS work to help deliver our projects, and especially applicants who can start relatively quickly. The post is nominally based at Bakewell but could be home-working based elsewhere in England with occasional office and site visits required.
You will ideally have experience of running a wide range of projects, motivating and leading teams, planning staff allocations to jobs, co-ordinating post-excavation work, negotiating with local authority archaeologists, producing risk assessments, quality assurance and report checking. You will have responsibility for delivering a wide range of projects and will be accountable to the Head of Field Archaeology. You will be responsible for completing work on commercial and research-based archaeological projects on time and to budget and for getting invoices issued promptly. A good knowledge of British Archaeology is important and ideally a track record in reports, editing and perhaps publication. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel and CAD and GIS are an advantage.
We are a high performing company with a professional yet friendly culture with many outstanding performers. We maintain a high commitment to staff development and training and look forward to supporting career development and developing people to be the best they can be. We have positions available for an immediate start.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme linked to achieving Company performance targets
- Attractive Company pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Sector-leading commitment to training and career progression
- Member of the Company’s health cash plan which includes a wide range of health services and financial support
- Discounts and rewards on health, fitness and entertainment
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Additional annual leave awarded according to accrued length of service
- Accommodation provided for away work with subsistence
- Full personal protective equipment and Company branded workwear
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees and CSCS card fees
Visit our website www.archaeologicalresearchservices.com/about-us/careers/ and download, fill in and submit all the required documentation set out below and send to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the post with us then please ring us on 01629 814540 and ask for ‘personnel’.
Applicants must complete and send in;· Covering letter compromising 250 words on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate.
· Our application form (downloadable from the website) including the names and full contact details of two referees
· Equal opportunities form is optional (downloadable from our website)