Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
£28,000 – £40,000+ with generous benefits package
Permanent position (following 6 month probation)
Are you a highly motivated go-getter with attention to detail? Do you have a deep passion for delivering value and benefit through archaeology? Are you highly organised, efficient and with a high work-rate? This position requires you to be excellent at your job and an effective leader and motivator of a small specialist team working under our Head of Heritage Consultancy. You need to be highly analytical yet also a good ‘people person’.
Applications are invited for a professional, highly motivated and capable Senior Consultant with a strong track record and developed skills sets to undertake consultancy and help lead and manage our growing and highly capable consultancy team. You will have experience of providing sound and successful client advice, production of excellent consultancy documents including ideally all content (e.g, GIS-based drawings) , managing a small team and relationship building. You will have highly developed negotiation skills, be an outstanding communicator (listening and verbal and written comms) and be of a highly professional and personable disposition. The post can be either office-based or a hybrid model of office based, plus home working, where you will be accountable to the Head of Heritage Consultancy. You will have a forensic attitude to consultancy work, the ability to think from multiple perspectives and a passion for accuracy. A detailed working knowledge of the planning system and British archaeology is essential. You must be able to work as an effective team member who can be relied upon to deliver to tight deadlines and able to manage a small team and hold individuals to account and help set goals, provide support and motivate. We are a high performing company with a professional yet friendly culture with many outstanding performers. We maintain a genuinely unmatched commitment to staff development and training and look forward to supporting career development and developing people to be the best they can be.
In return, we offer an exciting range of employee benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme linked to the Company achieving its annual performance targets
- Attractive Company pension contribution
- Life assurance cover
- Sector-leading commitment to training and career progression
- Member of the Company’s health cash plan which includes a wide range of health services and financial support
- Discounts and rewards on health, fitness and entertainment
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Additional annual leave awarded according to accrued length of service
- Accommodation provided for away work with subsistence
- Full personal protective equipment and Company branded workwear
- 100% of CIfA subscription fees and CSCS card fees
To apply, visit our website www.archaeologicalresearchservices.com/about-us/careers/ and download, fill in and submit all the required documentation set out below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the post with us then please ring us on 01629 814540 and ask for ‘personnel’.
Applicants must complete and send in;
- Covering letter compromising 250 words on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate.
- Our application form (downloadable from the website) including the names and full contact details of two referees
- Equal opportunities form is optional (downloadable from our website)
- Full CV
Closing Date: 30th September 2021, however earlier applications are very much welcomed.