L - P : Archaeology are looking to expand our team of field staff based out of our London office. Staff will primarily be working on an exciting West End cemetery excavation.
Field Archaeologist: from £21350
Supervisor: from £23500
Project Officer: £25850
(plus 6% employer pension contribution added from day one) (No London Weighting)
Our ideal candidate will:
Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists is desired but not mandatory. L - P : Archaeology will assist the successful candidate in obtaining membership. Successful applicants will be offered initial fixed-term contracts of 3 months, but there may be opportunities for extensions later in the year.
- Have at least six months experience in commercial archaeology
- Have experience excavating urban archaeology
- Have a good understanding of and experience using single context recording
- Have experience of excavating inhumations
- Have a positive can do attitude
- Have a professional manner
- Have strong communication skills in order to work well collaboratively
- Live within a commutable distance of central London
- Hold a CSCS card
Salary dependent on experience.Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!Applications will be reviewed from 23/03/2020, but we are open to reviewing applications on an ongoing basis after this date.
- 100 % CIfA subscription fees
- Support for training and CPD
- 6% Employer pension contribution
- High quality PPE
- Mates in Mind - Mental health support
- CharlieHR Perks at Work - Retail discounts and offers for employees
L - P : Archaeology is a commercial archaeological unit with offices in London, Bristol, Chester, and Bishop’s Stortford. The company is a partnership, with a growing number of permanent employees. L - P has won awards for its archaeological practice, and it is a CIfA registered organisation. As a CIfA registered organisation L - P comply with their minima for annual leave, sick leave, pensions, subsistence, accommodation and travel expenses. We work largely in the commercial sector, although we are involved in a variety of archaeological research projects, and have a strong Digital Archaeology team. The L - P ethos is that staff should be upskilled wherever possible. As such we provide our employees with support and active encouragement with regards to training and their continuing professional development.
L - P : Archaeology has committed to becoming carbon neutral, we will be working towards reducing our carbon footprint and we are making annual donations to carbon offsetting projects.