L - P : Archaeology are looking to recruit an experienced senior osteologist to join our team of specialists. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of managing osteological projects from excavation through to assessment and publication.Initially the successful candidate will be working on an exciting West End cemetery.
Our ideal candidate will:
Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists is desired but not mandatory. L - P : Archaeology will assist the successful candidate in obtaining membership.
- Have experience running osteological projects, both on site and post-excavation
- Have experience managing the assessment and analysis of human remains
- Have a positive can do attitude
- Have a professional manner
- Have strong communication skills in order to work well collaboratively
- Be able to work on site in central London and at our processing facility in Bishop’s Stortford
- Hold a CSCS card
- Hold a clean driving licence
Successful applicants will be offered permanent employment.
Salary dependent on experience.
Staff may be required to undertake away work. Accommodation and travel costs are fully covered by LP for away work. A subsistence payment of £15 per night away is provided.Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!Applications will be reviewed from 23/03/2020, but we are open to reviewing applications on an ongoing basis after this date.
L - P : Archaeology is a commercial archaeological unit with offices in London, Bristol, Chester, and Bishop’s Stortford. The company is a partnership, with a growing number of permanent employees. L - P has won awards for its archaeological practice, and it is a CIfA registered organisation. As a CIfA registered organisation L - P comply with their minima for annual leave, sick leave, pensions, subsistence, accommodation and travel expenses. We work largely in the commercial sector, although we are involved in a variety of archaeological research projects, and have a strong Digital Archaeology team. The L - P ethos is that staff should be upskilled wherever possible. As such we provide our employees with support and active encouragement with regards to training and their continuing professional development.
L - P : Archaeology has committed to becoming carbon neutral, we will be working towards reducing our carbon footprint and we are making annual donations to carbon offsetting projects.
- 100 % CIfA subscription fees
- Support for training and CPD
- 6% Employer pension contribution
- High quality PPE
- Mates in Mind - Mental health support
- Perks at Work - Retail discounts and offers for employees