Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
Location: Bristol, London, Redhill
We are currently seeking a Senior Heritage Consultant to join our growing Heritage Team.
Waterman offers the potential to be involved in large and prestigious projects throughout the UK. The project sectors we are currently involved in include mixed use, retail, residential, leisure, healthcare, education, ports / harbours and infrastructure based redevelopment schemes at a variety of scales.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of archaeological and cultural heritage desk-based assessments, ES chapters, heritage statements and Written Schemes of Investigation for fieldwork. The role will also include commissioning and management of archaeological fieldwork.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification professional experience*, together with the following:
The following would also be an advantage:
- A degree in Archaeology or directly relevant subject;
- Good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology;
- Good knowledge of heritage planning legislation;
- Archaeological fieldwork experience;
- Professional archaeological report writing;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines;
- Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to plan and implement project work independently; and
- A full clean driving licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK as required.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players and have a proactive and positive attitude towards working on, and delivering, projects on time and to budget. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (but if not yet achieved, note that membership is actively encouraged);
- Experience of using GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and CAD in archaeological projects;
- CSCS cardholder.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience and in line with CIfA recommendations. Waterman also offers the ability to salary sacrifice on a wide range of benefits that meet your personal lifestyle choices.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or complete and submit the form on our website. https://www.watermangroup.com/careers/vacancies/senior-principal-heritage-consultant/
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Closing date 15th October 2021