Before you apply for a post, and sign any contract, read this CIfA and PROSPECT approved guide to applying for jobs. What questions to ask, what to expect and what to watch out for. BAJR Guide 54: Applying for a Job in Archaeology
For more information about BWB Consulting and the role please click here
About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Heritage Consultant to join the Heritage team in the Leeds Office. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans. The team's success has been built on helping Clients deliver sustainable, viable and implementable schemes on complex sites across multiple sectors. This is a great opportunity to join dynamic team with ambitions for continued growth.
As part of the CAF Group, and working with their own engineering arm CAFTE, BWB also provide large scale international opportunities with environmental requirements from the procurement process, through to tender and award of contract, and ultimately the construction phase.
As a Heritage Consultant, you will be expected to contribute to a wide range of projects across multiple sectors, assisting with the management of suppliers and sub-contractors. You will also be required to assist with Client proposals, attend and monitor a variety of fieldwork projects throughout the UK.
This is extremely varied role in which you would have the opportunity to grow your expertise and specialism. We value providing commercial solutions to heritage/archaeological projects and strong communication skills to build, maintain and consolidate strong working relationships, with internal/ external clients, statutory consultees and advisors.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and employee benefits. BWB offers ongoing training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
About the team
You will be joining a talented heritage team who have broad range of specialisms which will be invaluable in your development.
Progression is tangible, with clear frameworks and competencies from the outset, so the role would suit an ambitious consultant who is looking to develop their career within the organisation.
We invite you to bring your skills into play to contribute to innovative and high quality solutions across a variety of projects. BWB’s involvement in these projects range from early feasibility, pre-planning surveys and assessments through to supporting the discharge of conditions. To succeed in this role you must have demonstrable experience in contributing to heritage/archaeological projects.
You will be well organised and able to prioritise your own workload with appropriate support. An excellent communicator and ability to work dynamically across different teams and offices.
The successful candidate will be commercially focused, enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You will have experience of assisting with the management of heritage projects, input into fieldwork design including the preparation of specifications and Written Scheme of Investigations and assisting with the management of contractors on both urban and rural sites.
- Degree qualified in a heritage/archaeological related subject.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time with a strong focus on Client care in project management and delivery.
- Experience in the production of a wide variety of heritage reports, including Desk-Based Assessments, Appraisals, Specifications, Written Schemes of Investigation and chapters for Environmental Statements.
- you will have a good level of experience in UK Field Archaeology.
- You will have a good knowledge of UK Archaeology.
- You will have knowledge of the built environment.
- Experience in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
- CiFA Accreditation preferred.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity