Stantec UK is looking for an Archaeologist to join their Environmental team, with the main focus being work for water companies in the south with potential to support a variety of non-water clients throughout the UK.
The salary is between £35,000 to £45,000 depending on experience.
Location: High Wycombe or Reading
Roles and Responsibilities:
• You will produce archaeology and heritage screening assessments, and be able to undertake regulator and stakeholder consultation with minimal supervision.
• You will support in the procurement of archaeological sub contractors and in the delivery of archaeological monitoring on our construction sites
• You may be required to do ad hoc archaeological watching briefs for smaller excavations
• You may also have the opportunity to mentor and develop a graduate or help grow the team should the workload require it.
• Be pro-active in liaising with Thames Water’s senior archaeologist and providing technical support for the environmental team and town planners.
Skills and Requirements:
• Degree qualified in a heritage related subject
Experience of costing and preparing tenders for this type of work.
• Sound knowledge of British archaeology and the UK's national planning policy framework
• Ability to use GIS would be advantageous
• Pragmatic and a problem solver
• Manage the pressure of multiple demands on your time
• Ability to develop good relationships with clients, stakeholders, statutory consultees, contractors and colleagues
• Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team
• It is expected that the candidate would be a Chartered Archaeologist, or working toward chartered status
• Experience in writing several or all of the following types of reports is essential: Environmental Impact Assessments: Heritage Impact Assessment; Archaeological Desk-based Assessments; Scheduled Monument Consents; Listed Building Consents; and fieldwork design briefs.
• Knowledge of historic building condition assessments would be advantageous
• A full UK driving licence is required
• Must be willing to travel throughout the UK although southern England will be the focus for the role
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and commercial awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer
Apply here: https://stantec.jobs/jobs/ and search for Archaeologist