Archaeologists - London
Pay range: Starting from £21,000 (dependent on experience)
Locations: London based, but travel to sites across the UK will be required
Duration: Permanent (on successful completion of probation)
Due to a number of large and exciting upcoming projects for MOLA, predominantly in London but potentially some in the surrounding counties, we are offering permanent contracts for Archaeologists.
We are looking for individuals with ideally at least three months’ experience in UK commercial archaeology, although relevant European commercial experience will also be considered. We particularly welcome applications from those with experience on deep stratigraphy and/or Roman sites.
MOLA pays for CIfA application and membership fees in full, and also reimburses up to £40 for safety boots.
Offers will be made to suitable candidates before the closing date, so early applications are advised.
The following criteria are essential:
• Interest in and knowledge of British archaeology
• CSCS card (ideally Academically Qualified Person or Professionally Qualified Person) or willingness to acquire one
• Use of or knowledge of archaeological recording systems
• Experience of archaeological fieldwork
• Ability to carry out prolonged manual work in an outdoor environment in all weather
• Good organisational skills
• Good communication skills, and ability to work positively as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
• An understanding and appreciation of diversity in the workplace
The following criteria are desirable:
• Degree in archaeology or equivalent experience
• Driving licence and willingness to drive company vehicles
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Archaeologists (CIfA)
• Experience of commercial archaeological fieldwork
• Experience of working in urban, rural and/or infrastructure construction environments
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Use of Microsoft Office packages
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
• 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
• Company pension scheme
• Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
• Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Payment of relevant professional memberships e.g. CIFA
• Cycle Scheme
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
For more information about the role and to apply, please download the full job description and application form from the mola website at https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers/archaeologists-london-0.
• Applications without an application form will not be considered.
• When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference DSA010119L.
• Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
The closing date for the vacancy is 23:59 on Sunday 27th January 2019
Please note: Early applications are advised as applications will be reviewed upon receipt and start dates are available throughout January and February.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.