Registered Finds Specialist (post-Roman)
Pay range: £25,000 - £28,050 (dependent upon experience )
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced registered finds specialist to join our expanding finds team. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of small finds of all types dating from the 5th century to the modern period found in London and the surrounding regions. Excellent identification skills and a proven record of publication to a high standard in this area of expertise are also vital to this role.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to collaborate with a team of highly qualified specialists in all areas of artefact and ecofact analysis on a wide range of projects. Current sites include 19th-century cemeteries, medieval ports, Tudor theatres and a wide range of commercial and domestic buildings of all periods. Work would be undertaken on material mainly from London, southern and central England and in particular from current infrastructure projects and other developer-led excavations. An ability to work within tight timescales and to highly specified briefs is essential.
Applicants must have a degree in archaeology or a related subject and have at least two years’ experience in identifying and reporting on registered finds assemblages. Relevant European commercial experience will also be considered and we welcome applications from EU Citizens. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to work well within large teams and independently.
Essential Criteria include:
Desirable Criteria include:
- Proven finds identification skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of registered finds analysis
- Publication record relating to this area of expertise
- Knowledge of British archaeology
- Excellent writing and research skills: the ability to synthesise ideas from a range of sources and data to present ideas and arguments as written text
- General understanding and awareness of current research within the specialism
- A degree in archaeology or a related subject
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues in archaeology
- Post-graduate qualification in finds work or a related subject
- Membership of CIFA
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including the following:
We are committed to mentoring and training staff at all levels in order to develop individual capability and enhance career prospects. We offer a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays), pro-rata, rising based on service length
- Company pension scheme
- Life Assurance and Sickness Income Protection Policies
- Free health care cash plan (including dependent children)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Payment of relevant professional memberships e.g. CIFA
- Cycle Scheme
For more information about the role and to apply, please download the full job description and application form from the MOLA careers webpage here: https://www.mola.org.uk/about-us/careers/registered-finds-specialist-post-roman-london
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions. Proof of eligibility will be required prior to commencement.
- Applications without an application form will not be considered.
- When completing the application form, please state which position you are applying for quoting job reference RFS0119L.
- Early applications are advised as interviews will be held throughout the application process.
- Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
- The closing date for the vacancy is 23:59 on Sunday 27th January 2019
MOLA promotes diversity and equality of opportunity at all levels, and welcomes applications from people regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief.