Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
To assist in the environmental team with the processing and sorting of environmental samples from all types of archaeological works in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards. Some other aspects of environmental work may be undertaken and may include augering and site work to recover specialist samples. There may also be the opportunity to undertake some archaeological fieldwork and post-excavation works.
In this role you will be expected to liaise with the senior environmental staff on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned by the project supervisor.
The job will be based in the Carlisle office and may include periods of site-work elsewhere in the UK.
The successful candidate will be willing to work independently as well as part of the team in support to the Environmental Supervisor in the carrying out of the daily environmental tasks. They should have the ability and willingness to develop their role through the duration of projects and tasks.
- Experience of environmental sample processing (minimum 3 months continuous)
- High level of attention-to-detail and a methodological approach to paperwork
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues
- Capability of working well in both team and independent environments
- Experience of working within a commercial archaeological unit in the UK
- Capable of lifting 15kg comfortably along with a range of manual handling tasks.
- A degree in Archaeology would be desirable although not essential so long as you have significant demonstrable experience in environmental archaeology
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIfA level
- Valid CSCS card
Please apply via our website to the relevant job. https://www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers/
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.