Salary is £20,000 but would go up to £21,500 for the right person.
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
An opportunity has arisen to assist the illustration team in delivering quality archaeological illustrations for our reports within our current work stream, in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards.
In this role you will be expected to liaise with the senior illustrator on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, as well as part of the team, in presenting archaeological illustrations.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe CCS
- Knowledge of GIS
- High level of attention-to-detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues
- Capability of working well in both team and independent environments
- Experience of working within a commercial archaeological unit in the UK
- A keenness to learn and adapt to new software
- Proven record of both problem-solving and interpretative skills
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment whilst still being able to be both creative and analytical.
- A degree in Archaeology would be desirable although not essential so long as you have significant demonstrable experience in archaeological illustration
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIfA level
- Awareness/understanding of BIM
- Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Travel Loans.
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.