AOC Archaeology Group is one of the leading commercial archaeology companies in the UK, comprising a highly skilled and dynamic team and offering a full range of archaeological fieldwork, consultancy, survey, post-excavation and public archaeology services. AOC prides itself on its commitment to working on interesting and ground breaking excavations and projects (see www.aocarchaeology.com). AOC is currently working on several large-scale multiple-phased excavations and is seeking to recruit experienced Senior Project Officers to work on various new projects.
We are offering positions based at our London office, where you will be working on exciting projects around the UK. This could include paid additional hours and weekend work.
Due to the varied nature of the work and the job specifications we will review applications forms on receipt of application and on an ongoing basis. Individuals applying for the Senior Project Officer role must have at least 24 months of UK commercial experience at the appropriate level. Previous applicants to AOC should re-apply if interested in this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a forward-looking archaeological company, with an expanding range of clients and projects, while working for an organisation that believes in investing in and developing its staff in order to achieve the highest professional standards
- It is vital that you are a good team member with a positive and enthusiastic approach to archaeology.
- You will also need to be self-motivating and able to work independently and under your own initiative, and it will be necessary to work away from home with overnight stays.
- Accommodation and subsistence are provided if working away from home along with transport to and from site.
- CIfA membership is desirable, as is a CSCS card; the latter can be organised once in post - and would be paid for by AOC.
- A clean driving licence and computer literacy is essential.
AOC also offer a diverse range of fieldwork opportunities ranging from evaluations through to community heritage work.
- Competitive salary, under constant review and always current with CIFA and BAJR recommendations; appointments will be made on the basis of demonstrated ability, previous experience;
- Ring-fenced Annual Bonus Scheme;
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays);
- Company pension scheme;
- Accommodation and subsistence will be provided if working away from home;
- Training budget and time allowance to attend conferences;
- Support for research;
- Subscriptions to CIfA;
- Flexible working; and
- TOIL and sickness benefits
AOC Archaeology is a CIfA Registered Organisation and has ISO 9001:2015 certification.
For further information please contact email@example.com.