Archaeological CAD Technician, based in Carlisle
Wardell Armstrong is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
An opportunity has arisen to assist our archaeological illustration team in delivering quality archaeological figures and drawings predominantly for our grey literature reports.
Primarily this role will involve supporting the production of CAD site plans, digitising section drawings within CAD and location figures, utilising your knowledge of AutoCAD. We are also keen to engage with someone who has an excellent working and demonstrable knowledge of GIS. You will be expected to liaise with the senior illustrator on the progress of projects and undertake tasks as assigned within our current work stream, in accordance with Wardell Armstrong standards.
You will work closely with our fieldwork teams and project officers, supporting them throughout the report writing process developing figures and drawings which illustrate the data we have collated on site, and the background information which supports their interpretation and discussion.
There is opportunity to progress within the role and to look to production of more complex and creative projects.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, as well as part of the team.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe CCS.
- Working knowledge of GIS.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- A keenness to learn and adapt to new software.
- Proven record of both problem-solving and interpretative skills.
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment whilst still being able to be both creative and analytical.
- A degree in archaeology or equivalent vocational qualification.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists at PCIfA level.
- Experience of working within a commercial archaeological unit in the UK.
- Awareness/understanding of BIM.
- Membership of our Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of relevant professional subscriptions (CIfA or similar).
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to our Private Health Care Scheme.
- Critical Illness Cover
- Inclusion in our Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
- Mobile phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time working schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Cycle-to-Work scheme.
- Travel loans.
- Recruitment bounty scheme.